fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Cecilia Brasesco

Cecilia Brasesco 2 weeks 1 day ago #31721

• PMP thanks to PM PrepCast
  • PMP thanks to PM PrepCast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I took my exam last week and I am very excited to share that I passed it on my first try, with target results on one domain and above target on the other two domains.
Here is my journey to preparing for this highly demanding exam:

My study tools: PM Prepcast, Exam Simulator, PMBOK 7th Edition, Rita Mulcahy PMP Exam Prep, PMI Infinity AI tool

Before I purchased the PM Prepcast and Exam Simulator, I was trying to read the PMBOK 7th Edition on my own. That was a waste of time! Everything makes sense and is easier to understand after you have watched the PM Prepcast.
I first watched all of the lessons from the PM Prepcast (I decided to start with the Agile section, since I was not familiar with the agile methodology, and then go through the sections of the ECO). While watching the videos, I was taking notes of everything, since the act of writing and structuring the information really helps me to interiorize concepts.
Once I was done with the Prepcast, I read the PMBOK 7th Edition, and everything made sense. Then I also read the PMP Exam Prep book from Rita Mulcahy, which was also a key element to understand processes. Meanwhile I started using the Exam Simulator, doing short tests of 20 – 30 questions. I prepared flashcards to look at them whenever I had free time, to fix concepts.
One week before the exam, I had time off my work to focus only on studying. I took mock up exams, which was for me extremely important to recognize how important time management is on this exam. Do not underestimate how demanding it is to sit for 4 hours, having to reset your mind 180 times, to be able to answer each question.

On my first mock up exam from the Exam Simulator, I used the full 250 minutes, which made me realize I had to work on answering faster – If I saw myself hesitating for too long over one answer, I would just answer what my gut told me, marked the question, and reviewed later. I would say to myself, even if it is wrong, you don´t have to answer the 180 questions right to pass the exam, so you have to keep going.
After each mock up exam, I would review the questions I marked, the questions I answered wrong, and study the areas where I was weak. When I wasn´t sure about a concept or process, I also used the Infinity AI Tool that PMI currently offers with the PMI Membership. If you have a PMI Membership, and for the discount you get from the exam fee it is recommendable to become a member at least at the time of taking your exam, then do make use of this great tool. By the way, with your PMI membership you also get to download all of the PMI books for free, including the PMBOK, Agile Guide, etc. I could have saved some money on books if I had known this before.

I also purchased 2 books from the PrepCast:
- The PMP Exam Formula Study Guide: I think this was unnecessary. I understood the formulas better studying them from the Rita book, and then actually on the exam I only had one question related to formulas, where I had to calculate something (with very simple numbers, the calculator wasn´t really necessary, although I used it to double check on the exam). It is important to understand the concepts of earned value analysis, but do not go crazy about complex calculations on the exam.
- The 50 PMP Exam Prep Questions everyone gets wrong: it was useful to get an overview of hard questions and how to respond to them, but still if you are using the Exam Simulator thoroughly, this book is not completely necessary, since the questions are on the Exam Simulator anyways.

On the day of the exam: I had a relaxed evening the day before, had a good night sleep, I had a nice breakfast and even did a guided meditation before going to the exam. It´s extremely important to have the right mindset: you can do this! You are prepared!

While taking the exam: you don´t need to answer all 180 questions right, just keep going. There were a couple of questions that didn´t make sense at all – remember that there are 5 “fake” questions on the exam, that will not be scored.
After I was done with my exam (and thanks to practicing with the Exam Simulator, I even had 7 minutes to spare!), I first had to come out of the examination room, and then received the confirmation from the Pearsons Vue proctor that I had passed.

I would like to thank Cornelius and the PM PrepCast team for your great work, you played a decisive role on my success of becoming a certified Project Manager Professional.

All the best to everyone preparing for the exam!
Cecilia Brasesco, PMP

Cecilia Brasesco 4 days 21 hours ago #31734

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations, Cecilia!
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

Cecilia Brasesco 4 days 7 hours ago #31738

• Richard Rushlow
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations, Rich.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login