fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Exam Passed!

PMP Exam Passed! 1 month 4 weeks ago #31638

• Betiana Pamela Cartechini
  • Betiana Pamela Cartechini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would like to share my experience during the PMP Exam Preparation.
I started following all the lessons in order, listening to them, and taking notes. Even though it was advised to use the Exam Simulator at the end of each Domain, I started practicing with the Exam Simulator only once I finished all the lessons. This was mainly because, first, I was not fully understanding how the Exam Simulator worked. For instance, I thought that I needed to go for the full exam without the chance of filtering, and secondly, because I didn’t want to lose time in trying to guess the answer, but rather focus on learning new concepts considering that I hadn’t had much time before my plans for the Exam dates. Once I started playing with the simulator, I understood that it would have been much more useful to do it at the end of each domain. But still, there were many questions whose answers were not direct (as in the real exam). To be able to reduce the uncertainty when answering, I started reading as well the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition and the Seventh Edition. For instance, I had not much theory about Procurement, therefore I focused on this topic (Chapter 12 in the Sixth Edition). Then I wanted to improve the part of Stakeholders management, so I dedicated time to reading both editions of PMBOK. Having listened first to the lessons, it helped me to understand much better the PMBOK, to understand what is relevant to keep as information, and also being familiar with ITTO of each phase helped me to eliminate the choices that are just not coherent with the theory.

To summarize:

What to keep:
Go for the ECO first (as advised) using the colors rule to know where you feel you are more expert (green) and less (red).
Listen to all lessons (All are worthy) and as well the Podcasts.

What to avoid:
Exercising just at the end of all lessons.

What to improve:
Management of time to dedicate as well to read the 6th and 7th Editions, at least those areas to strengthen.
Note-taking.

It was a very significant experience. I really enjoyed the lessons because, even though they were recorded, the charisma of Cornelius Fichtner and his capacity to teach made me feel I was in a live class. This was very important to keep me engaged all the time and made me enjoy each topic. I bought the Sixth Edition as soon as I started working as a Project Manager, 3.5 years ago; however, reading it again now after the lessons provided me with another level of comprehension of the theory and field.

I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

Thanks, Cornelius Fichtner and team.

Betiana Cartechini

PMP Exam Passed! 1 month 4 weeks ago #31643

• Sameer Menda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Betiana,

Congratulations on your success :) !! We are glad our products helped in your preparation.

- Sameer
Sameer Menda | PMP, PMI-ACP, PSM II
Community Moderator

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

PMP Exam Passed! 1 month 4 weeks ago #31649

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations, Betiana!
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

PMP Exam Passed! 1 month 4 weeks ago #31650

• Betiana Pamela Cartechini
  • Betiana Pamela Cartechini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Rochelle Martinez and Sameer Menda!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rochelle Martinez
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login