fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP exam - passed!

PMP exam - passed! 2 months 2 days ago #31632

• Paweł Grzegorczyk
  • Paweł Grzegorczyk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I spent about 5 hours today at a Pearson Testing Center taking the PMP Exam, and I’m happy to say I passed on the first try! This has been a long journey for me—I actually attempted the exam around 5 years ago but didn't have the solid preparation I needed at the time. I’m here now to share my lessons learned with anyone aspiring to achieve a PMP certification.

WHAT WORKED FOR ME

Everyone learns differently, so my methods might not be for everyone, but here’s what worked for me:

Books: I used "PMP Exam Prep" by Rita Mulcahy and the "Agile Practice Guide." I read through both carefully once and then revisited them randomly.
Processes Flow: By Ricardo Vargas—an invaluable resource.
Exam Simulator: PrepCast's Exam Simulator was a game-changer.
YouTube Videos: I watched a lot of content by David McLachlan and Amit from Edzest—wonderful trainers with great insights into tricky questions!
For me, the Exam Simulator was the key to success, along with the videos by David and Amit. Don’t just take quizzes—review them afterward and read the explanations, especially for the questions you missed or guessed. This will help you develop a deep understanding of the material and identify the right answers. You need to develop the right PMI mindset to answer tricky questions correctly. And you have to unlearn some of your habits, even if you have extensive experience in project management, including Agile.

I completed three full mock exams on PrepCast, with scores improving from 60% to 67% to 76%. Once I hit over 75%, I decided it was time to go for it. Spending 10 weeks studying almost every day felt like enough preparation. During the weekends, I dedicated one day to 4-6 hours of study, leaving the other day free to relax, refresh my mind, and stay active in nature.

In total, I spent around 200 hours over 10 weeks on my education, with about 100 of those hours focused on PrepCast, including mock exams.

Thank you so much to the experts at PrepCast! You’ve made my life easier, and I’m truly grateful. Let me know if I can do anything for you. I’ve already tagged you, Cornelius, in my LinkedIn post.

Thank you,
Pawel Grzegorczyk
PMP holder now! :-)

PMP exam - passed! 1 month 4 weeks ago #31648

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations, Pawel! Good luck on your next journey as a PMP.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login