fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: My Statistics in the PMP Exam Simulator Advanced

My Statistics in the PMP Exam Simulator Advanced 1 week 3 days ago #31727

• Himamshu Joshi
  • Himamshu Joshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I would like to understand, how in "My Statistics" By Knowledge Area, I see identical percentage scores in both the columns "Your First Attempt" and "All your Attempts" after 3 quizzes?
Please refer to the attached screenshot. Thank yo very much in advance!

Warm regards,
Himamshu Joshi
Attachments:

My Statistics in the PMP Exam Simulator Advanced 1 week 2 days ago #31730

• Dominic Hickey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Hello again Himamshu,
Until someone with more knowledge of the inner workings of the platform drops by to answer this question, I'll have a go based on my own user experience, which is from over a year ago.
From what I recall, the word "Attempt" is used in the PM PrepCast Exam Simulator to refer to the action of answering a particular question from the pool of 2000+ possibilities, not the action of taking a quiz. This would explain why the "Your First Attempt" and "All of Your Attempts" results/statistics are identical, if you haven't encountered the same question more than once and answered it differently the second or third time. (When using the platform, I never went back to try answering the same question again but I know people who did so because they found it helped them to consolidate their learning. Each to their own.)
Again, I'd be more than happy to be corrected if someone knows better and can shed authoritative light on this.

Your results are looking good so far, so plough on: you're going in the right direction.
Dominic Hickey, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Himamshu Joshi

My Statistics in the PMP Exam Simulator Advanced 1 week 2 days ago #31731

• Yazmine Darcy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello Himamshu,

I agree with Dominic's explanation that attempt refers to answering a particular question with a unique Question ID.

When creating a new timed or learning quiz on the simulator, the default option is to "include only unanswered questions," as you have on your screenshot in a separate post:
www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...exam-simulator#31726

If you have not adjusted the default option, you are presented with unique questions in all three of your quizzes, so the totals under "Your First Attempt" should be the same as those under "All Your Attempts."

I hope that helps.

Warm regards,

Yazmine Darcy, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
OSP International LLC
The Project Management PrepCast™ - www.project-management-prepcast.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Himamshu Joshi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaBrent Lee

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login