fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Level of PMI PMP Practice exams compared to the real exam, PrepCast, Study Hall?

Level of PMI PMP Practice exams compared to the real exam, PrepCast, Study Hall? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31675

• Maria Magdalena Ionescu
  • Maria Magdalena Ionescu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
can someone advice what is the level of this material compared to real exam, PrepCast, Study Hall and TIA?
www.pmi.org/shop/p-/elearning/pmi-author...-practice-exam/el035
Any other feedback on it?

Level of PMI PMP Practice exams compared to the real exam, PrepCast, Study Hall? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31676

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 146
I found that the Prepcast practice exams to be almost identical to PMI's real exam in structure and wording. I thought the exam simulator was a bit tougher than the real exam which was a good thing overall when it comes to preparing for the PMP exam.

When I took the exam, PMI didn't have a practice exam and I did not use any "Study Halls." Good luck!
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maria Magdalena Ionescu

Level of PMI PMP Practice exams compared to the real exam, PrepCast, Study Hall? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31677

• Maria Magdalena Ionescu
  • Maria Magdalena Ionescu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you, Harry. I am just asking because I did many Precast questions and now I wanted to try also the PMI practice exams and they seem to me harder, there is more ambiguity in the formulation (Precast are very clear in the formulation to me) and I score 60% compared to 75%-80% by Prepcast.

Level of PMI PMP Practice exams compared to the real exam, PrepCast, Study Hall? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31678

• Elena Zelenevskaia
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Maria!
I personally find PMI's practice exams to be even more difficult and vague than PrepCast exams. I agree that PrepCast questions are very similar to the real exam, except the real one has less questions that involve calculation.
That being said I think it's still nice to use different kind of simulators during your preparation, because this way you're not stick to the same manner which is always good.
Elena Zelenevskaia, PMP
Community Moderator

Level of PMI PMP Practice exams compared to the real exam, PrepCast, Study Hall? 1 month 1 week ago #31680

• Richard Rushlow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Maria,

Thank you for the question. I am preparing for my PMP exam on October 22, 2024, at 8:00 a.m. I have used three different test simulators and various PMP prep questions from blogs, and all questions are similar yet different - in structure, ambiguity, and style. I have read forums or blogs from Reedit, PrepCast, PMI, and so on, trying to figure out the best tool. I have realized that you should pick what works best to succeed when taking the PMP exam. Understand your study strengths and weaknesses and prepare your study schedule that way.

I use both the PrepCast and the PMI test simulators. I am unsure what to expect on the actual PMP exam, so I am working on learning how to understand different question styles. Like you, I am scoring similarly to you between both test simulators. I have found both simulators challenging, and at times, the PrepCast simulator questions are more complex, making me think about the scenario in more depth to get the question correct. As far as the calculation questions are concerned, practicing both simulators will be beneficial. What I like best is the deep dive explanation and video links to questions I get wrong; for me, PrepCast is the winner. Sometimes I just want to listen to the reason instead of reading it.

I wish you the best with your studies. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaBrent Lee

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login