fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Studying Strategy

Studying Strategy 1 month 3 weeks ago #31653

• Study Plan
  • Study Plan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How many hours should one devote to taking these quizzes/exams? I have already put in thousands of hours studying/re-reading PMBOK 6-7 guides & other materials.

Studying Strategy 1 month 3 weeks ago #31658

• Dominic Hickey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Hello there,
If you've already given that much time to this, I'd imagine that you're approaching or are already at the point where you feel ready to schedule an exam date, so you won't have endless months ahead of you. There's really no one-size-fits-all approach that will work for everyone, but if I were in your position, I'd be spending ALL of my remaining available time just answering as many of the quiz questions as possible and taking all of the practice exams in exam conditions, with the final one at least a week before your actual exam date. This also involves studying the results and explanations afterwards, to consolidate one's understanding. How long all of that takes you depends on the hours you have available per week and how fast you become.

It's important to bear in mind that the PMP exam, by its nature, is as much a test of exam-taking ability as it is proof of your ability as a Project Manager. It doesn't matter how knowledgable and experienced you are in the field if you're not able to churn through 180 multiple-choice questions, answering them very rapidly and with a high success rate.
That just comes with practice. Fortunately, with the large number and variety of questions on this platform, along with the timed/not-timed options for training, if you already have the knowledge and experience, everything you need is there to make the process as straightforward as possible.
All the best with the rest of your preparation.
Dominic Hickey, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaBrent Lee

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login