fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How many projects should I include in experience of my PMP application?

How many projects should I include in experience of my PMP application? 2 months 1 week ago #31613

• Cecilia Brasesco
  • Cecilia Brasesco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been working as a project manager for 3 years now, and in that time I worked in more than 60 projects - in some I was the project manager, but in most I was part of the management team, leading certain areas of the project. I am preparing my application now and I´m down to 12 projects on my list to account for the 36 months I need for the application and demonstrate I have experience managing projects. How many projects do applicants quote on their application usually? Is 12 too much, too little, ok?
I would really appreciate some guidance here.
Thanks!

How many projects should I include in experience of my PMP application? 2 months 1 week ago #31614

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 146
Cecilia,

The on-line application cuts you off once you achieve the minimum "experience," so it will not matter how many you've led. If it were me, I'd do it in reverse chronological order as there is a cut off date (I think it's 5 years, but I may be wrong) as well.

Good luck!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

How many projects should I include in experience of my PMP application? 2 months 1 week ago #31616

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi Cecilia,

You would need to show evidence of leading projects for 36 months with a College or University degree, or 60 months experience in leading projects with a High School Diploma. They will only consider projects in the past 8 years. On top of that, you would need the standard 35 hours of project management education or training. It sounds like you may already have that experience having worked as a PM for the past 3 years. Just make sure that you describe your experience using language from the exam content outline and language that PMI would use. All the best in your application!

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

How many projects should I include in experience of my PMP application? 2 months 1 week ago #31620

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaBrent Lee

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login