fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP PrepCast for CAPM

PMP PrepCast for CAPM 2 months 1 week ago #31545

• Alexandra Guardo
  • Alexandra Guardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello!

After signing up for the PMP PreCast Course and watching a few of the lessons, I realized that the CAPM exam may be more well-suited for my experience level. Does anyone know if the PMP PreCourse can be used and accepted for the education requirement for the CAPM Exam? Any insight is appreciated!

PMP PrepCast for CAPM 2 months 1 week ago #31548

• Dominic Hickey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Alexandra,
Sorry that you haven't received any other replies to your question, yet. It's a relatively rare situation that you find yourself in, I think.
My understanding is that the CAPM is a foundational qualification, requiring less professional experience and fewer contact hours of training than the PMP (23 compared to 35). While one might hope that the course that you've signed up for more than sufficiently covers PMI's requirements for the CAPM training component, it's not a given. Someone over at PMI should be able to answer your question definitively, so you can clear up any concerns you might have and move on with confidence in your preparation.
All the best with your studies.
Dominic Hickey, PMP

PMP PrepCast for CAPM 2 months 1 week ago #31549

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 612
Hi Alexandra,

The short answer is that the PrepCast for PMP is not suitable for CAPM exam preparation. Here is why:

The PrepCast for PMP is based on the PMP Exam Content Outline. This document describes what you will be tested on during the PMP exam, and it consists of 3 Domains, 35 Tasks and 100+ Enablers, all specifically focusing on knowledge you need as a PMP. The PrepCast for CAPM on the other hand is based on the CAPM Exam Content Outline. The CAPM ECO describes what you need to know for the CAPM exam and it consists of 4 Domains, 19 Tasks and only 50+ Enablers.

You can see by these numbers that the lessons teach completely different topics. (For example, Business Analysis is part of CAPM, but it's NOT part of PMP).

My recommendation for you is this: Watch this video here where I explain how to determine if you qualify for the PMP exam or not:
(Fast forward to about 07:00 to skip the preamble). Then follow my recommendations in this video and decide yourself, if you want to pursue PMP or if you would like to change to CAPM. If you decide to change, then let our support team know and they can switch you over to the the CAPM course instead of PMP).

Also, please let me know here what you decide.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaBrent LeeChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login