fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: What to Study in response to Quiz Results?

What to Study in response to Quiz Results? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31524

• Joseph Flanders
  • Joseph Flanders's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have taken my first quiz on the People domain three times, and I just can't pass it.

I know the Knowledge Area I consistently score about 50% on is Resource Management. It was on all three of my tests, and it made up about half my test each time.

I'm not sure what I need to study to correct my issue though. It references to certain videos, but the videos don't have the information missed on the test. For example, my main failure area is "Lead a Team", and one of the answers had something to do with burnup vs burndown charts. The video it suggests is "L02.02 Lead a Team", but it does not go into detail about the exact information I failed on the quiz.

Many of the questions go into agile processes, but my study guide hasn't gone into that, but still suggests that I should be ready to score 70-75% on the quiz... One question I got wrong mentioned the eXtreme Programming (XP) method, but it hasn't been mentioned in any of the videos I've seen yet. The videos go more into principles than the exact process for projects or agile projects.

Does anyone have suggestions on exact things I should study? The quiz results tell me the domains I'm failing on, but not what exactly I should study to brush up on them.

What to Study in response to Quiz Results? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31525

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 145
Joseph,

Studying for the PMP exam can be very frustrating -at least it was for me. (I often say here that I'm not a professional Project Manager, but in my business, I must manage projects professionally). For me, it was like learning another language, where the words don't necessarily mean what the words say.

My advice is this: Keep doing the quizzes. LOTS of quizzes. 10-20 questions at a time, focused in a particular area, as the simulator allows. For the questions answered incorrectly, understand the "why" behind the RIGHT answer, then bank that experience for the next similar question. The PMP exam will test on principles, not necessary real-world application or how you would do things in a given scenario.

Good luck!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

What to Study in response to Quiz Results? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31526

• Elena Zelenevskaia
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Joseph!
Did you finished the whole course? If you're in the middle of your studying journey, please don't be discouraged by low score! In my opinion it's really hard to get 70-75% if you don't complete the whole course. The reason you have to do quiz that yearly is to get used to the wording of questions.
There are additional lessons about extreme programming in the course.
Elena Zelenevskaia, PMP
Community Moderator
Last edit: by Elena Zelenevskaia.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login