fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed official exam with all domains Above Target - first attempt

Passed official exam with all domains Above Target - first attempt 2 months 21 hours ago #31193

• Brent Lee
  • Brent Lee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I earned my PMI-ACP last week on my first attempt, I credit these practice exam questions for much of my success. Here are some pointers for those seeking to earn the credential:

1. Take the exam at a testing center if you live in a distraction prone environment. My testing center provided hearing protection to muffle any noises.

2. Watch out for any responses with absolutes (“always”, “never”, etc). Treat these questions as red flags! Recall that agile often talks about process tailoring.

3. Consider the subjects (people and their roles) in every scenario. Be familiar with the Scrum roles, events, and who participates in each event.

4. Remember that the agile coach is there to “carry food and water” for the team. They are there to coach and support the team - the team members are the domain experts and they are self organizing.

5. ALWAYS read every possible response, the test is seeking the “best response”.

6. I assume that the questions selected for each test-taker are selected at random, however I didn’t receive a single question that required me to perform math (EMV, IRR, or NPV). Why do I mention this? If you take the practice exams here and score highly, I would advise you to go ahead and take the official exam and to not obsess on knowing 100% of everything. I feel that these practice exams prepared me well for the actual exam.

Other note- I also hold a PMI-PMP certification and I feel that this test was more difficult.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slychet Stone

Passed official exam with all domains Above Target - first attempt 1 month 3 weeks ago #31207

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Brent, thanks for sharing this, and congratulations.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login